More questions and answers you'll find in the included documentation.
- 0. What is the password for the achive?
There is no password to the crark's executables and configuration files.
- 1. How to break and then to continue the search.
The program may be broken painlessly once the message "Testing XX-chars passwords..." is displayed, and then the search may be continued with -lXX option.
- 2. How to resume search from the password XXX?
Sorry, no way. I's implemented in the PCL 3.0 used in Parallel Password Recovery.
- 3. The program has been searching for 10 days, but my password is not yet at hand.
Alas! It can't be helped. May be your password is too long, or the search set is wrong. Additional information on the password is necessary.
- 4. I have tested your program. To my mind, your program is nothing but utter error, it cannot even find "aaa2"-like password.
File password.def (from the distributed archive) searches through only lower-cased Latin letters. Change your password definition to "[$a $1] *" and everything will be ok.
- 6. I've got beginning of one file from archive in plain text. Will it be useful to me?
No. At least, I couldn't use it. Could you? RAR encryption sources are available in WinRAR distribution.
- 7. I'd like to optimize your program. How can I get the sources?
You don't need them. Take UnRar sources and optimize the SetCryptKeys() function. Next contact me.
- 8. I need GUI, multicore support, pause/resume etc.
cRARk is the free program, and I have no time to support such features. To find all you need, please look at
GUI, multicore RAR Password Recovery which licensed
cRARk and PCL engine.
About CUDA/OpenCL support
- 1. Which GPU is supported by cRARk?
You need NVIDIA GPU card with CUDA support with compute capability 1.1 or higher; or
AMD Radeon GPU card 5000/6000/7000 series; or Intel HD Graphics 4000 and higher with OpenCL support.
Here is the list of such a cards with the exception of GeForce 8800 GTX/GTS, which has capability 1.0
You also need the latest drivers with CUDA support for NVIDIA cards:
latest drivers with OpenCL support for AMD Radeon cards:
- 2. How to run crark on 64 bit OS?
On Win64 it runs fine.
On Linux amd64 apart from CUDA drivers and CUDA shared libraries,
you should install the ia32-libs package.
Under Mac OS you may need to boot in 32-bit mode.
- 3. I've got an error like "cudaThreadSynchronize failed: launch exceeded timeout"
or "Display driver stopped and has recovered".
a. If you're using Windows Vista/7, please
read the article. Or simply
run the file driver-timeout.reg from the cRARk's archive and reboot.
b. Try to use the recommended -d option (look at the program output).
c. Don't run crark on primary graphics card, use separate GPUs for crark and monitor.
- 4. Program hangs after printing "Trying to compile XXXX kernel".
Please install the latest OpenCL drivers (you need at least Geforce 280.xx or Catalyst 11.7)..
- 5. I've got any error in CUDA/OpenCL or CUDA/OpenCL is not working at all.
Please install the latest drivers (see above)..
Don't overclock neither GPU nor CPU!
If this not helps, please install the fresh copy of your operating system and install the drivers.
- 6. I'd like to optimize your CUDA code. How can I get the source?
Here it is. If you reach better speed, please contact me.